|Alumni Traineeship Referral Program|
AIESEC Life is committed to supporting the growth of AIESEC United States. One way we can achieve this is by encouraging and facilitating alumni involvement in AIESEC’s traineeship program. Many alumni have had life-changing experiences through the traineeship program, either by working as a trainee or by hosting and receiving AIESECers from abroad. Today’s AIESEC traineeship program is just as compelling as it was when you were a member. If you can identify a traineeship opportunity or hire an AIESEC trainee in your own company, please tell us about it on our ONLINE REFERRAL FORM. Someone from AIESEC US will be in touch with you shortly.
Benefits of Taking a Trainee
Business & Technical Skill Availability
Want a Glimpse at Potential Candidates?
Check out these one-pager summaries of the most common traineeship profiles.
The Process1. Verify the company’s eligibility to be a Host Company.
2. Fill out a Training Plan with the hosting Local Committee, outlining what the intern will learn during the traineeship.
3. After receiving the complete Training Plan, AIESEC US will send the Host Company a contract and invoice, and the hosting Local Committee will begin sourcing.
4. About two weeks later, the Local Committee will send the company a short list of candidates to interview.
5. After the company makes the final selection, AIESEC US starts the visa paperwork. The intern will arrive approximately 4 weeks after the final selection.
6. The hosting Local Committee will check-in and provide necessary support for the duration of the traineeship.
Cost of Taking a Trainee
One-time sourcing fee to AIESEC which includes all costs such as sourcing, VISA, Health Insurance and reception for the trainee.
Monthly Intern Stipend
Employers are expected to pay a monthly stipend to adequately cover the cost of living for each intern. This is usually around a minimum of $2,000 per month, but is encouraged to be higher depending on the level of position.
The company must meet these three requirements to be eligible to be a Host Company with AIESEC United States:
1. Have at least 25 full-time employees.
Help Us Help AIESEC
Traineeships raised through alumni referrals benefit both AIESEC and AIESEC Life. A portion of all TN processing fees generated through alumni referrals here are donated back to AIESEC Life.
Want More Information?
click here to see AIESEC US's official brochure on the exchange program!
Successful Traineeships Realized Through AIESEC Alumni