As we approach the holiday season it is a great time to reflect on our 2016 accomplishments and priorities for the coming year. It is also an opportunity to share our history.
AIESEC Life has been an established alumni organization since 2008 and was granted non-profit status in February 2009. We’ve shown in the last 7 years that AIESEC Life is a viable organization and here are some key facts:
We are managed by a lean team including; a part-time paid Executive Director, 4 volunteer team members, 14 volunteer hub chairs across the country, and an 8-member Board of Directors
- Focused on Connecting, Collaborating, and Contributing
- Alumni hubs are established in 14 cities
- There’s a growing database of 4,500+ alumni
- Consistently about 340 paid members annually
- Sustained through generous donations from a core group of supporters
- Provide scholarships to student members, run a Mentorship Program, host events, offer LCs alumni support, run a quarterly National BOA call and traineeship referrals
Time, energy, commitment, and funding from wonderful alumni have built an organization that allows us to stay connected. We continue those efforts today. Here’s a quick look at the last year.
- Hosted 50+ events in the last 12 months
- Added a hub in Phoenix
- Ran a successful 60th Anniversary event, raised $63k for AIESEC US and $36k for the JoAnn Boland Scholarship. See photos here and videos of the keynote speakers.
- 83 alumni mentor volunteers matched to just 43 student mentees
- Given $2,750 in student scholarships so far, with more to come at Winter National Conference
- Partnered with Purple Squirrel, connecting job seekers with alumni ambassadors
- Grow our list of sustaining members – consider becoming one, details here!
- Launch our 1956 Society this spring, our new long-term giving program
- Continue to grow the alumni database and increase paid membership
- Possibly add hubs in Minneapolis and Madison (if you are interested, click here)
- Host more events and the continued management of the 2017 Mentorship Program
We could not have come as far as we have without alumni getting involved and staying engaged. Please consider how you can help expand our network, engage in programs and events, and contribute to moving us from viable to sustainable. We are so grateful for you and the amazing network of AIESECers in the US!
Warmest wishes for a Happy Holiday Season,
The AIESEC Life Team